Post 9: MLA... 8? (Mind Blown)

As I made very clear in my previous post I am not exactly an MLA expert and far from it.

But through sheer tenacity, I am slowly figuring it out.

Here is my top MLA pet peev - which 100% would have made my long list of first-world problems.


There is more than one MLA!  :/


Just so everyone understands, I want to firstly explain that I have never used MLA before. 

And it was only after I got an initial grade of "F" on my Doc1, that not only is MLA a b**** but also that there are MULTIPLE VERSIONS of the thing!

Im not sure how it got passed me but I eventually figured out that we are using MLA8 and MLA8 ONLY, which is the latest version of it. 

All those hours of researching MLA, putting notes together and revising them every night before bed (slightly exaggerated) all so that I could eventually realise that those youtube videos were outdated... ugh.



So now that I know we are using MLA 8, I will say that my favourite help source on MLA 8 is this video right here that Prof. Hamon share with us. Make sure to check it out if your having trouble!



Now the only way is up from here people! Hopefully this has shed light on any grey areas you may have in the field of MLA. 

And once you get it down, just like any skill, you'll find that its pretty simple and you will be able to smash it every time:)



All the best!

Luke


Comments

  1. I guess I haven't been paying enough attention because I don't recall different versions of MLA. Maybe I should do some homework.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post 5: How to add Authority and Value to my Doc2

Post 8: My biggest academic writing issue:/ + why texting is so much easier!

Post 1. Most important thing to learn in English Composition I