Post 5: How to add Authority and Value to my Doc2

Im sure all of my 0 followers are begging the question... (at least the ones that are taking english1101 at MGA) how can I add authority and value to my Doc 2 assignment??

Well, thankfully as always I am here to help you out. 



Firstly let's talk about Value.

You need to ask yourself what you audience wants. Your audience are likely all to be new college students who may or may not know what they want to do with their lives. And thats ok! 

The assignment asks you to help your fellow classmates know what is the best major is to choose, so explain to them why majoring in your chosen major will help them achieve success in their lives. 

I personally am going to explain to them why majoring in Business Administration will make them more employable, will give them the skills to start a business of their own possibly, and how it will help them network with likeminded and driven individuals who they can align themselves with!

If I was back at square one, and I had no idea why I was going to college, this would have been the most helpful advice to me and I would have been very grateful to the writer. 
Hence, adding value.



Now secondly, let's talk about Authority. 

Ultimate authority can shine through your academic work through strong, authoritative and supportive references. 

These kinds of references are guaranteed to be found in university libraries such as the MGA library and GALILAEO. 

I would very much recommend searching these databases manually, or even by asking a helpful librarian online which I explain here. By providing keywords describing what you are looking for you will find the most appropriate articles to reference. 

If this doesn't work, then you can turn to google and wikipedia (not to use them as references!) but to find great references in the process. 

I personally am going to research tirelessly for excellent references by using these techniques! As I know from experience that fantastic references are the most important way to add authority to my academic documents. 



There you have it my people! 

Make sure to add Authority and Value to your Doc2 Essays and you will make professor Hamon very happy!


All the best 

Luke





Comments

  1. I like the idea of asking what your audience is looking for. This is helpful when writing because people are looking for specific reason to do something and tailoring it towards your audience achieves that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your sarcasm in the beginning. It made me continue reading. I like the flow of this blog post: main idea, sub-point 1, sub-point 2, etc. Thank you for making a point of starting your own business as a view for some business admin students. My aunt has her bachelors in business admin. Many of my family members are small business owners and although it can be grueling, it can be very rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kayla! Im glad you enjoyed it:)

      Delete
  3. Luke,

    I enjoyed the humor that was provided in your post. It made the post entertaining as well as inviting and informative. You gave valid reasons as to why value is needed for your Doc2 assignment. You also provided two search engines for students to go and research to find credible references with regards to your major as well as their own major of choice. If they need assistance, you also pointed out that there is a librarian whether in person or virtual, that may assist them in any way. You have already convinced me about why I should choose your career path of pursuing a degree in business administration. The fact that you can learn to be your own boss as well as network with like-minded people, can open the doors for many opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John! Im glad you found some value in it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post 8: My biggest academic writing issue:/ + why texting is so much easier!

Post 1. Most important thing to learn in English Composition I