Post 3: The greatest tip to finding great references!

How can I find the right references??

This is a question I have struggled with during my entire college career. 

Finding authoritative, credible and relevant references for any piece of work you are working on in your academics, can be a difficult task for most. 

Thankfully since I have moved to MGA I have found an answer! And so here I will explain the number 1 strategy that I believe is the most effective for finding suitable references for your MGA work.


The answer is right here ---> https://www.mga.edu/library/


If you click on this link and scroll down, you will see an MGA library chat window. Here you can start a live chat with an MGA librarian and ask about the references you are looking for. The librarians are there and waiting for your questions as they are "following the university policy of teleworking while classes are online." This my friends is your answer!


I used this recently for my first MGA english essay. 

I defined the types of references I needed (in my case, references on "why a physical calendar is better than a digital calendar") and I asked the librarian if she could help me find most relevant references for this description. 

She was super helpful, and after about 5 minutes she sent through to me her top 5 references that she thought were suitable. 

Just like that. 


Firstly, there is no way that any source in the MGA libraries could not be credible or suitable for academic referencing. So credibility. (check)

And secondly, I didn't have to do much research at all (although I would know where to look if I had to).
So convenience. (Check!)


This was a great life-hack and will save your hours of researching. I believe this will be your greatest strategy for finding suitable references when it comes to credibility and convenience.  

Theres nothing quite like a helpful human to help you out:)


Your welcome, and all the best!

Luke







Comments

  1. I like how you gave the source link which is super helpful to those who don't know where to access it. That is very helpful and a great way to show the resources you use.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post 5: How to add Authority and Value to my Doc2

Post 8: My biggest academic writing issue:/ + why texting is so much easier!

Post 1. Most important thing to learn in English Composition I