Post 7: Two unbeatable strategies to get your Doc2 off the ground!

For my lucky number 7th post, today I will be staring with you the strategies I used to organise my Doc2, and hopefully help you out in the process:)

1. 

Firstly, my favorite strategy of putting together a great piece of writing is by firstly throwing isht at the wall and seeing what sticks, to put it bluntly.

I usually don't have much idea of what the end result is going to be in the beginning. But just by writing, reading and organising, writing, reading and organising, over and over again, I know that it will slowly refine itself into a good piece of work. I will probably go over my doc2 over 50 times before I'm happy with it. 

As the legendary Keith Hamon said, even the greatest of writers usually cannot create a perfectly polished piece of writing on their first attempt. 

2. 

Secondly, by the time I get comfortable with writing and have made a few attempts to put together an introduction, hopefully I will have a good idea of what I will be writing about. If not i'll just keep brainstorming. 

But when I do, I will assemble a very brief skeleton of my essay structure and its main points, which I can then use as a reference to keep my work on track. 

For example after writing, reading and researching over and over a few times, I came up with this basic structure of my doc 2 which I kept to my side in order to reference back to:

Intro - Why you should major in business


P1 - You will gain the most helpful skills, that will most likely equate to real word success

P2 - It will open you up to the largest range of career paths, including entrepreneurial ventures

P3 - Allow you to build a driven and like-minded network whom you can collaborate with to achieve your goals!


Conclusion - Summarise the above main points

There you have it my people, 2 of my favorite strategies of putting together a great essay. As is usually typical for me, just starting the essay is often the hardest part. So if you can use these initial 2 strategies to get your creative flow going, you will be well on your way to achieving greatness in the wondrous world of academic writing. 

Behind you all the way!

Luke

Comments

  1. I honestly really liked your strategy because its simple and effective. I also liked the way you put it together and I liked what you did with P1, P2, P3. I will definitely have to try this out

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post 5: How to add Authority and Value to my Doc2

Post 8: My biggest academic writing issue:/ + why texting is so much easier!

Post 1. Most important thing to learn in English Composition I