Lucky Post 13: What I have learned this term

There are many things that I have learned during the past 6 weeks. 

Along our learning journey, we tend to move on without thought after each new obstacle of ignorance has been successfully overcome, and we then take that knowledge for granted. This is why I am grateful for the chance to reflect on the new knowledge and skills I have now developed over this past month and a half. 

Now that I think about it, there are so many new things I have learned, and here is my best effort to briefly state which have been the most significant things I have learned along this journey. 

Personal:
1. How to manage a large workload and can make it work from home. 
2. That using a physical calendar is great when going into a new and demanding school schedule. 
3. That if you are organised, the average time taken to get your work done can be cut in half. 

English:
1. That there are gaps in my knowledge of modern english, especially including MLA. 
2. Where to look in order to find great references. 
3. Most importantly, I have learned to further develop my reading and writing skills in order to be a better communicator. 

All of these things, even though they represent a small portion of everything that I have learned, are very valuable and are likely to aid in my future success as well as other students' success. 

These things will help me streamline my workflow for new and upcoming courses in at-home as well as on-campus environments and they will help me become a better communicator. 

These are valuable skills. I am very grateful to be bestowed with these wonderful skills and I hope you are too:) 

Luke

Comments

  1. I enjoyed Luke Maloney-Grimes’s blog as it demonstrated that even though we are in an English writing class, you can learn more than just English. He stated that he learned how to be more organized by stating “That if you are organized, the average time taken to get your work done can be cut in half”. That's huge. I found myself getting into a rhythm.

    He stated in his blog “I have learned to further develop my reading and writing skills in order to be a better communicator”. If a dare read between the lines, he is stating that it is practice. I can agree whole heartedly with this, practice, practice and when you think you got it, more practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've seen the hard work and the practice in your writing, and it has paid off for you. Thanks for being in my class, and I hope you continue writing for your audiences. You have much to say.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post 5: How to add Authority and Value to my Doc2

Post 8: My biggest academic writing issue:/ + why texting is so much easier!

Post 1. Most important thing to learn in English Composition I